The Kaipatiki Public Arts Trust’s annual student film competition terms and conditions:
- Films are to be 3-5 minutes long. This includes title and credits. Films longer than this will not be considered.
- One film per entrant or group. A film may not be submitted twice.
- If any part of the film is not in English language there must be English subtitles.
- The word Kaipatiki must feature in the film in any way you choose.
- The film must be appropriate for General Audience (GA)
- The film must be submitted online in MP4 or .mov format.
- Documentation, including entry form and release forms must be submitted in word, PDF or scanned image format (such as jpeg). Scanned copies of signatures are acceptable.
- Films and all related documents must be uploaded to a clearly named (school and film name) Onedrive or Dropbox folder and shared with the Short Shorts email (email@example.com)
- The film must not have been screened publicly (including online viewing).
- Professional assistance is discouraged but should there be any such assistance it must be declared and a reason for it provided with the entry.
- KPAT is entitled to screen all the material or any derivative including for advertising and publicity.
- The film remains the intellectual property of the filmmaker.
- If there is music in the film, it needs to be original or if not, you can use legitimate website downloads such as Audio Jungle. Otherwise, licences need to be provided to avoid copyright infringements (see release forms).
- Copyright clearance and release forms are to be delivered with entry.
- Submission must be received by 8.00 pm on Friday 28 June (late entries will not be eligible)
- Signed release forms are required for:
– Any third party materials that appear in your film in which copyright and/or intellectual property may exist
– Any individual who appears in your film e.g. actors, extras, and any individual who works on the film off-screen
– Any audio-visual works that appear in the film eg. pre-existing clips of films, videos, TV programmes etc
– Any musical compositions or sound recordings that appear in your film
Individual Release Form (PDF)
Location Release Form (PDF)